Google.com | Gmail.com | Youtube.com | Facebook.com | Twitter.com | EKantipur.com | English Movies
It's a Personal Blog | Slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command

It's a Personal Blog

just sharing what I am learning!

Slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command

Issue:

While using command “SLMGR -REARM” mentioned in this article, you may get error “slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command“. Or any other error same as above error message. SLMGR is a tool which manages Windows software license. REARM is a command which resets license status of machine. This article gives the solution for this problem. You can apply same procedure for any command error which is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Solution:

There are lot’s of reasons for this error. Let's check each of them in order and find where we did mistake,though the last one will solve the problem if you haven't done any mistake on following steps on previous article.

1. Reason : There might be spelling mistake.

Solution : Make sure there is a space between “SLMGR” and “-REARM”.

2. Reason : You might not opened Command Prompt as Administrator.

Solution : Right click on “CMD” and select “Run as Administrator”.

1. Go to Start Button for Start Menu.

2.You need to type cmd in search field or go to Program/Accessories from Start Menu in windows 7

3.You will see command prompt option. Right click Command prompt. Select Run as Administrator. It is must to run command prompt with administrator privileges other wise command will not work.

3.Reason: Code may vary for 32 bit and 64 bit system

Solution:

Just try “SLMGR /REARM” instead “SLMGR -REARM”.

4. Reason: you must be inside system 32 directory to run "SLMGR -REARM"

Solution:

Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
type cd \ and press enter.
type cd windows\system32 and press enter.
Now you will see C:\windows\system32>. Now use command like this C:\windows\system32>SLMGR –REARM

5. Reason :  slmgr.vbs file might have any other extension.

Solution :

Go to My computer

Go to “C” drive.

Select folder “Windows”.

Select folder “System32”.

Scroll down until you see “slmgr.vbs.REMOVEWAT” script file. Right click on it and rename it to “slmgr.vbs”. If you don’t find “REMOVEWAT” extension, remove any other extension at the end of slmgr.vbs.

Note: If you were following this article and were sent  here to fix the issue "Slmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command", try again running the command "SLMGR -REARM" and follow the remaining steps.

Disclaimer:This article is based on test done on Windows 7 32bit Home Premium Version.

Comments (25) -

• z

8/12/2017 7:17:39 PM | Reply

hi. 5.reason was very goooooooood
    thanks alot

• Daren Weniger

9/5/2017 1:28:00 PM | Reply

Just  wanna say  that this is  extremely helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

• antiques

9/5/2017 1:50:50 PM | Reply

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just too excellent.

• Glen Didomenico

9/5/2017 1:55:41 PM | Reply

I reckon something really special in this website.

• Tegan Jutras

9/6/2017 1:31:00 PM | Reply

certainly like your web site but you have to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform the truth nevertheless I will definitely come again again.

• Chantel Siddique

9/6/2017 2:34:38 PM | Reply

As soon as I  detected  this  site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

• Curt Buzzeo

9/6/2017 2:42:40 PM | Reply

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

• Sal Sweeley

9/6/2017 2:44:47 PM | Reply

I dugg some of you post as I  cerebrated they were  invaluable   extremely helpful

• Jeanna Ream

9/6/2017 3:12:30 PM | Reply

I gotta bookmark  this  web site  it seems  handy   handy

• Wilford Gilliss

9/6/2017 3:12:31 PM | Reply

Perfectly   indited content ,  thankyou  for  selective information .

• Art Rashada

9/6/2017 3:26:53 PM | Reply

I got what you mean ,  thankyou  for posting .Woh I am happy  to find this website through google. "I would rather be a coward than brave because people hurt you when you are brave." by E. M. Forster.

• Erwin Klitsch

9/6/2017 3:26:54 PM | Reply

Very interesting points  you have  noted ,  appreciate it for  putting up. "Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending." by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

• Brooks Hauschildt

9/6/2017 3:26:55 PM | Reply

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

• Lawrence Survis

9/6/2017 3:41:49 PM | Reply

You are my inspiration, I possess few web logs and infrequently run out from brand Smile. "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." by E. B. White.

• Mark Setliff

9/6/2017 3:41:50 PM | Reply

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I'm very glad to see such magnificent information being shared freely out there.

• Maxie Bleakney

9/6/2017 3:41:52 PM | Reply

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such wonderful info being shared freely out there.

• Jesica Dack

9/6/2017 4:07:49 PM | Reply

F*ckin' remarkable things here. I am very glad to look your post. Thanks so much and i am taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

• Edmund Mei

9/6/2017 4:07:50 PM | Reply

I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for putting up. "The universe is not hostile, nor yet is it unfriendly. It is simply indifferent." by John Andrew Holmes.

• Karyn Devor

9/6/2017 4:07:50 PM | Reply

I and my pals were actually checking out the excellent thoughts located on your web blog and so before long I had an awful feeling I never expressed respect to the web blog owner for them. All the guys became totally excited to read them and already have absolutely been making the most of those things. Appreciation for indeed being indeed accommodating and also for obtaining variety of incredibly good guides most people are really desperate to discover. My sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to  sooner.

• vintage

9/6/2017 11:31:20 PM | Reply

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful.

• war commander

9/10/2017 2:07:15 PM | Reply

Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic.

• war commander

9/10/2017 4:40:08 PM | Reply

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent.

• Darrell Laumann

9/12/2017 4:33:24 PM | Reply

I will immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can't find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

• John Zibell

9/12/2017 5:07:14 PM | Reply

I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The site style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers